For many, its the most important thing needed to properly start the day. But what does it take to brew a good cup of coffee?
Here are some suggestions:
1. Fresh, quality beans – this goes a long way. Try to stay away from buying in bulk. If it sits around for a weeks, or months, it will lose its freshness and won’t taste as good. If you buy coffee in smaller amounts, you can avoid this. Keep a couple 3-4 weeks supply around at a time.
2. Grind it right – Not too coarse or too fine. The grounds should be a little gritty, and not powdery.
3. Proper proportions – 1 cup water/1 tbsp coffee. If you’re looking for bolder flavor, then try using a different roast.
4. Cold water – spring or filtered water will work better if you have any problems with your tap water.
5. Don’t burn it! – Get the coffee off the burner and into a thermos or carafe.