Spiced Coconut Coffee
“Don’t let the ingredients scare you off, this drink has a kick but is great for a cold spring day. Can be made in a French press or a regular drip coffee maker.”
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee beans
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2 (3 inch) cinnamon stick
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine the ground coffee, red pepper, cloves, and cinnamon stick in a coffee filter set into a drip coffee brewer. Pour the water into the brewer’s water reservoir. Set the coffee brewer on to brew.
- While the coffee brews, gently warm the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in the honey until the honey is dissolved. Pour the brewed coffee into the mixture; stir. Divide the liquid into two mugs to serve.
Two Servings. (2 cups)
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Ready In: 15 Min
The cinnamon stick can be used more than once. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with ground cinnamon if desired.
Cooking time (duration):5
Number of servings (yield): 2